Monday 13 July 2009

Pokémon ABC - Episode 9

Episode 9: Moon, stars… and Aemilia

By 'Whisper Shadowhunter'/ Kitty Ocean
© Nintendo (their characters) and Kitty Ocean (my characters)

*************************************************************************

"Here you are, your Pokémon are fighting fit." Nurse Joy placed 4 Poké Balls at the counter. "And Gary, let me congratulate you."

Gary looked at the friendly Nurse Joy. "With what?" He asked curious.

"With finding the Ocean Gym of course." She turned to Chris, who gratefully took the Poké Balls from the counter. "Where is Aemilia?"

Chris shook her head. "Don't know. She wanted to stay at the island."

The doors of the Pokémon Centre went open. Officer Jenny came in. "I heard you were back. Did you find the Gym?" Gary nodded. "Congratulations."

"With what? I didn't won the match."

"We never ended the match." Chris said. "But we can't fight anymore now I lost my gym."

Officer Jenny looked at Chris. "You did? But what are you going to do now?" Chris avoided Officer Jenny's look. "You are leaving?" Chris nodded.

"It's time to go home." Chris said. "I haven't seen my mother for 4 years. I want to go to her and after that I don't know what I'll do. Maybe coming back."

Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny looked at each other. Chris could feel they didn't want her to leave. In the past 4 years they became very attached to each other.

"I'll come back someday. That's a promise."

Officer Jenny smiled. "It's all right. We understand. But you can't leave before we gave a farewell party."

"I hope it's this time without paralysing food." Gary said. "Come Chrissy, you have to pack your bags."
Chris and Gary walked out of the Pokémon Centre. Chris waved to her 2 friends. She hoped she didn't make the wrong decision. She followed Gary to the beach. Chris asked Lapras to bring her and Gary to the island. She didn't say a word during the short trip. Gary wondered why.

They hopped of Lapras' back and Chris returned the Lapras. She started to walk home.

"What are you thinking Chrissy?" Gary asked. She didn't react. "Chris?"

"Oh sorry, I think I was a bit absent with my mind. What were you saying?"

"What are you thinking about?"

Chris sighed. "I'm a bit afraid. I haven't seen mom for 4 years. What should I say? And what Pokémon will I bring along? And how many?"

"Don't worry about that yet. Just pack your bags. The ferry leaves tomorrow at 10 o'clock."

Chris nodded. Her nephew was right. There was no need to worry about that yet. Maybe some Pokémon even didn't want to come along. She walked inside her room and took a bag. She even didn't what to bring along. Suddenly, someone knocked at her door. It was Aemilia.

"He, there you are." Chris said smiling, but Aemilia didn't smile. "Something wrong?"

Aemilia nodded. "Just a small problem. I don't want to travel with that Gary."


Gary looked around him. He took his Poké Dex and pointed it at a Poliwag. The Poké Dex immediately started to update itself. He looked again around him. He didn't see another Pokémon. Damn, he thought, how could I ever store the information if I don't see any Pokémon?

Gary turned around and looked at the beach. There was somebody walking there! Gary looked closer. It was Aemilia. It seemed she was thinking. I have to get information about her, he thought and sneaked by. Aemilia sat down at the beach. Gary pointed his Poké Dex at her and it started buzzing. Quiet, Gary thought.

Aemilia turned herself. She heard something in the bushes! She stood up and started walking again.

Gary crawled up and started to follow her. This is valuable information, he thought, I can't let her go away!

What was that? Aemilia got nervous, something was following her! And she wanted to know who and why. She concentrated herself and transferred into a Diglett.

Where did she go, Gary thought. He stood up and walked to the beach. The Poké Dex stopped buzzing. "Where is she?" He asked himself.

"Try looking behind you!" He heard. He turned around.

"Aemilia, why were you sneaking up on me? That isn't ver polite."

"You are telling ME what isn't polite? How dare you! Why were you following me?"

Gary turned around, trying to hide his Poké Dex. "I wasn't following you, ya know? I was just walking by." He turned around. "You must be very paranoid if you thought someone was following you."

Aemilia turned insulted away. Suddenly, she heard the same buzzing. "How dare you?" She yelled. "How dare you not asking me if I wanted to be in your stupid Poké Dex? I'm not some stupid thing you own!"

Shocked by her words, he lowered his Poké Dex. He looked at her while she walked away angry. She's right, he thought. He wanted to follow her and apologise, but suddenly a Ninetales appeared. Wow, he thought, this is my chance! And the Poké Dex started buzzing again.



Chris walked through the island. She observed her Pokémon and asked herself which she might bring along. It's so hard, she thought; knowing she couldn't bring everyone. Maybe I'll take Tentcool, or maybe a Slowpoke. She sat down and looked at a little Spearow. If she was travelling again she would become a trainer again. Though she never stopped training her Pokémon, it was different. If she become a trainer again, she was only allowed to have 6 Pokémon. And Aemilia would be one of them, Wartortle another. And than she had 298 other Pokémon to choose from. She could rebuilt her Gym and stay, but she knew she didn't want that either.

She sighed and patted the Spearow. "What do you think?" She asked it. "Should I become a trainer again and loose my title as a Gym-leader?"

The Spearow looked at her, telling her that if she even left, she would always be the Ocean Gym leader Moonshadow. The Gym was only momentarily closed.

"I've really had it with that boy!" Chris looked back, seeing a steaming Aemilia. "He's following me everywhere, trying whatever he is doing with his Poké Dex. He doesn't own me, I'm an individual!"

Chris beamed with geniality. "Aemilia, you just made my problem a lot easier!"

"What? What did I do?" Chris took Aemilia by her arm and pulled her along. "What are you going to do with that stupid cousin of yours?"

"Later, come on!"


Gary patted a Charmeleon and closed his Poké Dex. Finally, he thought, I'm almost finished. Only 20 Pokémon left to scan. And than to Aemilia.

He looked above him, seeing a Pidgey. Weird, he thought, I never saw a Pidgey here. But the Pidgey landed before him. Gary saw he was wearing a note.

"Pidgey! Pidgey!"

Gary took the note from his neck and read it. The Pidgey lifted off and Gary started walking to Chris' home.


"Chris?" He yelled when he was there. "I've got an invitation from Nurse Joy. We are expected in 2 hours at the Pokémon Centre." No answer came. He started to walk trough the house. "Chris? Where are you?"

Chris came out of the kitchen. "Yeah, I heard you. Aemilia and I are deciding which Pokémon we could bring along."

"You'd better change clothes." Gary suggested. "It's a farewell party, not one of your beach party's."

"But I haven't got anything else I could wear." Chris said shocked. Aemilia came in the kitchen too.

"Don't worry, we can shop before we go." Aemilia looked devastating at Gary. "Just the two of us."

Gary smiled. "I know, girls only. Can I do something for you Chrissy?"

Chris nodded smiling. "Of course. Could you please bring all the Pokémon who want to come along?"

"All of them?" Chris nodded and pointed at a closet. "In the closet are their Poké Balls. Come Aemilia, let's go." Chris and Aemilia walked away, leaving an astounded Gary behind.

"All of them? All 299?"



Chris and Aemilia walked into the water. "Enjoy this swim." Chris said sad. "This is our last day here." She looked at the moon and stars.

"No regrets yet?" Aemilia asked. Chris shook her head.

"I'm coming back someday. This is my home."

Aemilia smiled and turned herself in a Dewgong. Chris touched the Moonstone and she and Aemilia dove into the water. The water was nice and warm and Chris loved it. There was always a great temperature at Raindrop Island. The sun was always shining. Did Chris really want to trade that for rain and cold, Aemilia thought.

In her Dewgong-form she looked at her friend. Chris suggestion of her becoming her own trainer applied to her. Chris always said she was independent enough. And if she became a trainer, she could also bring 6 Pokémon along. There was no rule that Pokémon couldn't become a Pokémon Trainer too.

Aemilia swam some circles around her former trainer. Chris smiled. She and Aemilia decided which Pokémon could come along. She touched her Poké Ball necklace. If Aemilia became her own trainer, she wouldn't need it any more. But maybe she needed it someday and it was a gift so she decided she would keep it.

They stepped on the warm sand. Chris shook herself a bit dry and Aemilia transformed herself again in her human form. "What shall we do now?" Aemilia asked.

"I want to say goodbye to Mr. Cram myself." She answered. She pulled her boots on and walked off the beach to the Poké Mart.


"Chris, Aemilia, how nice to see you." Mr. Cram walked to the two girls and hugged them. "What are you two doing here?"

"I wanted to say goodbye in person and not in general at the party." Chris said. "I'm really gone miss you Mr. Cram."

Mr. Cram wiped a tear out of Chris' eye. "Now, now Chrissy. No need to cry. You promised you'd come back someday, didn't you? So it isn't farewell, but 'see you'." Chris smiled. "Come, my little Clefairy, I want you to give something." He walked up the stairs to his home. He opened a door.

"My wife wore it when she was your age, and I think it will look at you wonderful."

Chris gazed at the beautiful dress. She stepped to it. "Mr. Cram, it's beautiful, but I can't accept it."

Mr. Cram laughed. "Then tell me what I should do with it. Wearing it myself? It isn't even my size. I guessed Aemilia could design a dress of her own, but I guess you can't, so please, accept it. It would look marvellous on you." Chris only smiled and wiped some tears away.

"I'm really going to miss you Mr. Cram." She said.

"I know it's a bit late, but just call me George." He gave his 'adopted-granddaughter' a big hug. "But there is more, my Clefairy. On the main land it's a bit colder, so you can't wear this. Just look in my wife's closet. Though she isn't around anymore, I guess she wouldn't mind."



Gary looked at his watch. She is going to show up, he thought, or else I'll kill her. He placed the bags at the ground.

"Are that all Chrissy's Pokémon?" Mayla asked. Gary nodded.

"All 299." He said angry. "And she'd better show up. My back hurts like hell!"

The doors of the Pokémon Centre slowly opened and Blade stepped inside with his friends.

"Great…." Mayla sighed. "He came too…."

"All right! Blade is in 'tha' house so the party can begin!"

Officer Jenny walked to Blade. "This party isn't for you Blade, so keep it down!"

Blade grumbled something and walked away. The doors of the Pokémon Centre went open again. Gary walked to them.

"Chrissy, you look wonderful." He complimented.

"I told you." Mr. Cram said. "Now go to your party and have fun!"

Chris and Aemilia walked to Nurse Joy and greeted them. They started to talk. Gary decided to let the Pokémon out of their Poké Balls. Hours went on and everybody seemed to have a great time. Suddenly, they heard a scream.

"Blade!" Mayla yelled. "You idiotic Muk! You ruined my bowl!"

Chris hurried to Blade. "What have you done this time?" She said with a furious look in her eyes.

"What do you care?" Blade said. "I just threw some beer in it. It tastes better that way."

Mayla slapped Blade in his face. "Yeah, but you are the only one who likes it this way!"

"Jeez, no need to blow it up ya know." Blade said. Suddenly, the roof exploded and came down. "I was only kidding!" He yelled shocked.


"To protect mankind from devastation."
"To unite everybody within our nation."
"To denounce the evil of friendship and love."

"To extend our reach to the moon above..."

"Shana!"
"And Shane!"
"Team Rocket! Blast off with the brightness of light!"

"We are the best, that's right!"


"Charizard!" Chris yelled and the Charizard came flying to her. She jumped on the huge dragon and Aemilia followed her. Together they flew to the balloon of Team Rocket.


Shana and Shane laughed. "You are not going to stop us now!" Shane yelled and threw some bombs to Chris and Aemilia.

The Charizard avoided them all. It started circling around the balloon, waiting for his next command.

"Look Shane, it's that girl Aemilia again."

Shane threw some extra bombs that exploded before the Charizard. "In stead of standing there you'd better help me!" He yelled. "I don't see any other Pokémon than that Charizard there, so she can't stop us. Release Geodude!"

Shana reacted instantly and threw the Poké Ball away, releasing the rock Pokémon. It started to annoy the Charizard and Chris started to lose her balance. The balloon started to float at a lower altitude.

"Stop them Aemilia!" Chris shouted. "We'll stop Geodude!"

"How can a little girl stop us?" Shana asked giggling.

"Easy!" Aemilia said and jumped from the Charizard and transformed into a Zubat.

"That's no ordinary girl!" Shane yelled, seeing Aemilia closing by.

Aemilia dived with great speed to the balloon and stabbed her fangs into the balloon. A great explosion followed and Aemilia was blown away.

"Aemilia!" Chris yelled and ordered Charizard to leave the Geodude and to pick up the falling Aemilia.


Team Rocket fell and landed hard between the party people. "Shane…." Shana asked. "Are you all right?"

"Yeah, but no for long." He answered, looking to the person who stood before him.

"I'm arresting you for wrecking a building and being a member of a criminal organisation!" Officer Jenny said and ordered the other policemen to handcuff Shana and Shane.


Aemilia fell with great speed, still being a Zubat. Chris stood up Charizard and became ready to catch her friend. At the last moment, she jumped from the Charizard and leaped to Aemilia, catching her while she was in the air. Before they reached the floor, the Charizard caught them again, though they were only inches from the floor.

"You are all right Aemilia?" She asked and Aemilia transformed again and nodded. "Don't ever scare me like that again!" She said.

Aemilia looked at Chris' dress. "Your dress is dirty." She said.

"I'll wash it before I'll return it. Go home Charizard." But the Charizard didn't turn. "Charizard, go home! Why aren't you listening?" The only respond it gave was a growl. "Aemilia, what's wrong?"

Aemilia transferred herself into a Charizard and became flying next the other Charizard. It seemed she tried talking to him, but it only growled and spitted fire to Aemilia. She transferred back and sat next to Chris again. "Only you can handle this. He doesn't want you to leave. He's afraid he will miss you too much."

Chris looked at Charizard. "Oh Charizard!" She said and hugged him. "Please, don't be mad. I wanted to ask you if you would come along. I couldn't survive a day without my dearest fire-breather."

The Charizard growled again. It suddenly started to land. "Don't you dare to think I would leave you!" Chris said, patting her Pokémon.

At the ground, Gary and the rest waited on Chris. "You all right Chrissy?" He asked to Chris.

"Why do you keep ignoring Aemilia?" Chris asked annoyed. "She's coming along too you know?"

Gary looked ashamed at the ground. Aemilia jumped from Charizard and walked away. "Aemilia, wait!" Gary yelled and followed her.

"Leave me alone! You are treating me if I'm sort of a freak!"

"I don't!" Gary replied. "Well, I'm trying. It's just… I never saw a human/ Pokémon. I knew some of them could talk, but I never saw a Pokémon that looked like a human."

Aemilia turned angry around. "And that justifies it? I don't think so!"

"You are right!" Gary said suddenly. "I should have asked you if I could observe you with my Poké Dex and I should treat you like a human being. Though you aren't a real human."

"You know why I'm most of the time in a human form? I like being a human. Everybody understands you, even the Pokémon. You humans have all those things that make life wonderful. And I wanted to be part of that. And Chris says I'm human enough to her! Why can't you accept me for who I am?"

Gary didn't react and looked at the floor again. "I'm sorry." He mumbled. "Please, forgive me and come along with us."

"I really hate this part of being a human. You have to forgive." She sighed. "But I must apologise too. Chris and I have always been together and suddenly you showed up. I saw her never so happy. I was afraid I was going to lose my best friend."



Blade walked to Chris. "Here, I have something from my dad. He couldn't come himself." He gave a little package.

Chris unpacked the gift and saw a little red box. "Wow!" Chris yelled. "Professor Midol gave me my own Poké Dex!" Blade turned around and walked away. "He Blade, thank your dad for it."

"Yeah." Was the only thing she heard coming out of his mouth.

"Why are you so dammed cool always? You're not an ice-cream you know?"

Blade turned around. "Why do you care? You are not going to miss me or something like that?"

"What should I miss?" Chris asked, but then she sighed and walked to him. "He, I hate to admit it, but I'm even going to miss you." She saw the asking glaze in his eyes. "Who else do I have to kick his bud if he drove too fast again? And who do I have to accuse of blowing up a garden again?"

Blade walked to Chris. "He, that was only once!" But suddenly he grabbed Chris and hugged her. "I know it's bad for my reputation, but I'm going to miss you too."

"I'll ask Officer Jenny to kick your bud some days, so you won't forget me."

They smiled at each other and Blade let Chris go. Together they walked to the party. Chris walked to Mr. Cram.

"Mr. Cram…euh, George." She asked.

"Yes my little Clefairy?"

"I was wondering…. Would you and Mayla take care of my Pokémon while I am gone?" Mr. Cram didn't react. "You have done so much for me and I know they will be safe with you two."

Mayla and Mr. Cram hugged Chris. "We are all going to miss you." Mayla said and Mr. Cram agreed. "Take care of yourself."

"Don't worry." Chris said. "I've got my Pokémon and Aemilia to watch my back. You'd better worry about Gary." She walked to the middle of the Pokémon Centre. "I'm really going to miss you all! And I'll come back some day, that's a promise!"

Chris took 6 Poké Balls and Aemilia did the same. "I want you all to meet the newest trainer: Aemilia!" Though some people were surprised, Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny smiled at each other. Chris tossed her Poké Balls before her.

"Wartortle, my first Pokémon, Charizard, Rapidash, Nidoran, Zubat and Bulbasaur, you'll be my companions!" She yelled, revealing her chosen Pokémon.

Aemilia tossed her Poké Balls too in the middle of the crowd. "Ponyta, Psyduck, Pidgeot, Ninetales, Horsea and Starmie, you'll be mine!"

Gary stood between the two girls. "Quite a crowd. I hope they like me through the journey home."

Chris and Aemilia didn't say a thing and just smiled at each other. He didn't know it yet. But their new journey had just begun….


To be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment