Monday 8 June 2009

Pokémon ABC - Episode 4

Episode 4: Goldeen's poison / Charizard to the rescue!


By 'Whisper Shadowhunter'/ Kitty Ocean
© Nintendo (their characters) and Kitty Ocean (my characters)

************************************************************************

"Why did you lied to me?"

Chris avoided Gary's look. But Gary insisted to get an answer and he grabbed her shoulders.

"Why did you lied? You know this girl eh?" Chris nodded. "Who is she?" He wanted to know. Chris sat down.

"She is called Aemilia. I saw her once at the island and never again. So I painted her. I didn't know she came back."

"But why did you lied?" Chris didn't answer. "Fine, I don't want to know anyway. You never lied to me when we were young."

"Stop looking at the past!" She yelled suddenly. "We live in the now. I told you everything I could!"

Gary looked at his niece. He shook his head and turned around. He walked away. Chris wanted to follow him, but he said: "I can't trust you anymore. I'll look for that gym myself."

"I told you everything I could tell you."

"For all I know you might even know where that gym is. You lied to me once, no even twice, so why shouldn't you lie about that. I'll take my Pokémon with me and I'll go to the hotel."

"Fine, all right with me! Than go back to those stupid fans of yours. You'll never find that gym without my help!"

Gary looked back. "I'll find it and I won't need your help." Gary walked away, leaving his cousin behind. Angry he walked to the lake and returned his Blastoise, Seadra and Krabby in their Poké Balls. They wondered why he was mad, but they couldn't ask it. He walked to the coast of Tear Island. The tide had already been there, so he tossed one Poké Ball in the sea and his Blastoise came out. His Pokémon didn't make any sound while Gary stepped on him.

"Let's get out of this island Blastoise. Take me to Raindrop Island."



"Stupid kid." Chris walked trough some bushes. She kicked a tree and she threw away a stone.

Suddenly she sat down and began to cry. Why did it had to be so hard? Why did she have to choose for this? She didn't want to lie, not to him, not to mother. But she had to, she had not choice.

"I wished he never came to this island." She said.

"That can be arranged." Chris looked at the shadows.

"To protect mankind from devastation." She started.
"To unite everybody within our nation."

"To denounce the evil of friendship and love."

"To extend our reach to the moon above..."

"Shana!"

"And Shane!"

"Team Rocket! Blast off with the brightness of light!"

"We are the best, that's right!"

Shana and Shane looked around them.

"He, where did she go to?" Shana asked. Chris had vanished. Shana searched the whole area, but finally she spotted Chris. Shane and Shana ran to Chris. "I couldn't help overhearing you. We can arrange that that little jerk leaves. For a matter of fact, if you helped us we make sure you will never see him again. Maybe you even want to join us?"

Chris suddenly turned around. She walked to the friendly smiling Shana. "You can really do that?" She asked. Shane nodded.

"Sure, and we'll give you the most Pokémon you have ever dreamed off. If you just help us to get that arrogant kid out of your life."

Chris started to think. It was a great offer. The only thing she had to do was get Gary back and led him into a trap. Than she would be free of him and she could stay here without ant problems. Just like 3 days ago, before he came. Just her and her Poké friends. She walked to Team Rocket.

"Okay, I'll tell you a little story what would happen. I'll call home. And than I say: he mom, listen to this. I tricked my nephew into a trap so all grandfather's Pokémon could be steeled. And it was so easy. And you know that though I hated that arrogant jerk, I still liked him. Okay double S, what's wrong with this picture?"

Shana and Shane looked at each other. "I don't see a problem." Shane said. "I did it to my brother."

Shana nodded at her companion. "I tricked my best friend. That's what being a Team Rocket member is all about."

"You really don't get it, do you? I won't help you!"

"I see you need to be convinced…." Shane said.



Gary stepped into the hotel. He saw his fans sitting in the lobby, but he didn't greet them. He felt bad. His greatest example turned out to be a liar. He walked with great sadness to the reception and asked for a room. After that, he just wanted to go to his room.

When he came to his room, he threw the door into its locks. He kicked against the door and hurt his foot. Angry, he kicked the door again, hurting his other foot by doing that. His Poké Balls began to shake and his Nidoking came out.

"Nidoking, go back!" Gary ordered annoyed, but the Nidoking refused. He tried to call it back with his Poké Ball, but Nidoking avoided the beam and while he hit the floor again, the whole hotel began to shake. After that, his Krabby came out too.

"What is wrong with you two? Go back, that's an order!"

As an answer to his command, Krabby blew water in his trainer's face. Gary yelled.

"What did you do that for? If you want me to make it up with Chrissy, you are wrong! I thought it would be like the old days, but she changed too much."

Somebody knocked at the door.

"Go away!" Gary yelled.

"It's me, Mr. Cram." He heard. "I need to talk to you."

Gary opened the door. The old man quickly stepped into the room.

"When I watched to the Pidgey, I saw a little submarine. Two people came out, a woman with purple hair and a man with black hair. They went to Chrissy's island. I'm worried about her. Please, go look and make sure she is all right!" The old man looked desperate.

"Well, I'm not worried a bit about that little lair. I don't care anymore." He answered cool.

Gary walked the man out, but Mr. Cram hit Gary with his stick.

"Now you listen to me young man, I know you do care. And she is your cousin! If you leave her all by herself, you'll be sorry!"



"I told you already, I won't betray my nephew. You'd better stop trying."

Chris looked determent at Shana and Shane and didn't seem to be afraid of them.

"Than it's time for plan 1b." Shane said.

Shane took a toy gun. Chris looked weird at Shane. It was a funny sight, a grown up with a toy gun. But she already knew Team Rocket was 'kinda weird', so it perfectly matched their image.

"Guys, I'm getting tired of you. So please, go back where you came from." She turned around.

A little plop filled the air. Painfully Chris pulled a little dart out of her arm. Shane smiled mean and Shana giggled a bit. Chris wondered why they laughed. The little dart hurt her, but nothing else. It was just a little dart….

"No." Shana said. "I know what you are thinking, and it is not an ordinary dart. It is filled with the poison of a Goldeen."

"In case you didn't notice it." Chris stared. "The poison of a Goldeen isn't harmful for humans."

Shana and Shane stared to laugh out loud. "No, of course not." Shane said. "But we made it a bit stronger."

"A tiny bit." Shana said ironic. "You have to feel it by now."

Chris was shocked. She didn't wanted to feel it, she told herself it wasn't true. But she felt weak. She recognised the symptoms. This was poison of a Goldeen, and it was very powerful! She tried to stand still, but her legs were trembling. And after a moment, everything became as black as the hair of Shane.

"Shall we give her the antidote?" Shana asked to Shane.

"Nah, not yet. Let her feel our power first. After that we'll make the trap. She is the perfect bate."

While Team Rocket was celebrating about their catch, somebody looked at them trough the bush. It growled a bit.

"Shane, did you heard that?"

Shane looked at his companion and shook his head. He hadn't heard a thing.

"There it is again. Did you hear it now?" Shane nodded yes.

The ground began to shake! Something was getting closer. Suddenly they heard a loud roar. Shana began to scream.

"Aaah! It's a Charizard!" Shane yelled.

"Let's get out of here!"

"Not without her! I want my revenge!"

"She'll die without the antidote, so if we leave you'll have your revenge. Just get the hack out of her!"

Shana tried to get her companion go along, but Shane reached out for Chris. Charizard roared again. Shana climbed into the arms of Shane. The Charizard was really pissed off now and opened his mouth.

"Please, have mercy! We'll leave! And she can stay her!"

But the Charizard spit a burst of fire to the two of them. With the power of volcano, it blew Team Rocket away from the island.

"Looks like Team Rocket has left the building!" Shana yelled.



Gary leaped up. He saw two spots vanishing after the horizon.

"Hurry up Blastoise!" She said to his Pokémon.

"Not that fast!" Mr. Cram said, who tried to stay in balance.

"We have to!" Officer Jenny said, while she holds tightly to the creature's shell. "We can't afford loosing anymore time!"

What have I done, Gary thought. If I hadn't left her, nothing would have happened. If something happened to her, I would never forgive it myself. He balled his fists.

"No time for regrets now son." Mr. Cram said.

But Gary didn't listen. He jumped of the Blastoise and started running. While he ran to her house, he yelled her name a few times. But no answer came. After that, he ran to the lake. She wasn't there either.

"Slow down Gary." Officer Jenny shouted.

"Where can she be?" Gary asked to her. Officer Jenny shook her head, telling him she didn't know either. Mr. Cram came to the lake and tried to catch his breath.

"I'm not that young anymore, I guess." The old man said.

Suddenly, they heard a roar.

"Gary, wait!" Officer Jenny yelled, but the boy already started running.

After a minute he reached the beach. He saw his niece Charizard and a lot of other Pokémon. But he didn't see his niece. He wanted to go to them, but Officer Jenny held him back.

"You'll stay here. You never know what those Pokémon will do when Chris is not there. I'll go." Carefully, she started to walk at the Pokémon. Charizard turned around and looked directly into the Officer's eyes.

Within a flash, Gary saw Chris and ran to her.

"Gary, no!"

But Gary didn't listen to Mr. Cram. He saw his niece now. Hold on, he thought, you always said you were too stubborn to quit, didn't you? Well, prove it!

Gary fell. Angry, the Charizard looked at Gary. Nobody was allowed to get close to his trainer. He looked determent at the boy and the boy looked determent back. A minute of silence followed. Officer Jenny stood frozen while she looked at Gary and Mr. Cram prayed. Gary stood up. Again he looked at the Charizard, who suddenly moved away. Gary walked to his cousin, knowing he wasn't allowed to make any sudden moves. Holding himself not to run, he went on going. He kneeled beside her. He was glad she still lived, but he was worried about her breathing so hard. He wondered what happened to her. He saw the little dart beside her and suddenly knew it. She had been poisoned!

"Charizard…" he started. "Take us to the Pokémon Centre."


"I really don't know what's wrong with her." Nurse Joy said sad. "I examined the dart, but I couldn't recognise this poison."

Gary looked at Nurse Joy, who looked sad back. She didn't look in his eyes.

"She is dying, isn't she?" He asked. He didn't receive an answer. He ran away.

When he was outside the Pokémon Centre he ran further. His tears blinded his eyes. He couldn't believe it. He had finally found her and the last thing they were doing was arguing. It sounded like a cliché story. But this was real! He stopped to catch his breath. He wiped some tears away.

"He you! Get of the road!"

A car honked and came dangerously close. The man inside the car waved annoyed. Gary found himself standing in the middle of the road! He jumped away before the car would hit him.

"Stupid idiot! Watch where you're going!" The man shouted angry.

Gary wanted to yell something back, but he suddenly saw his knee was bleeding.

"Are you all right?"

Gary looked at the girl who asked it. He nodded.

"Let me take care of that wound." She said, and helped him up. "I'm Mayla, from the Pokémon aquarium."



"I didn't knew there was an aquarium here." He said to Mayla, who banded his knee.

He was sitting in her office, watching the young woman. She smiled friendly. For a moment, he didn't thought anymore of his niece. She finished the bandage and stood up. Gary stood up too, but his knee hurt very much. He bite at his tong until it hut more than his knee did.

"I hope you'll forgive Blade. He is a friend of my brother and I know he isn't well mannered. He always drives like it's a racing course." She opened the door. "Would you like to come? I have to feed the Pokémon."

Gary suddenly thought of Chris. But he didn't wanted to be with her, seeing her in her death struggle, slowly dying. He nodded and the friendly smiling girl, trying to smile friendly back. But he felt too sad to give a decent smile.

He walked with Mayla to the kitchen. He saw a lot of Pokémon food. She took a car and filled some compartment with different kind of food. It seemed every Pokémonspecie had his own food. He asked how she knew which was the right one.

"Chrissy made it for me. You know her?" Gary didn't answer. She walked away from the kitchen. "Some Pokémon we have here are from her. Here live the passive Pokémon, who don't like to fight, but just wanted to be safe. They are safe here."

Everywhere Gary looked, he saw things that reminded him of his niece. A Starmie, a Slowbro, all kinds of Pokémon, like his niece had. He thought about her and wondered how she was doing. He looked at the aquarium. His eyes met another Pokémon.

Suddenly he turned around. "Where are you going?" Mayla asked. Gary ran to her.

"Thank you, thank you so much!" He hugged her and ran off. Mayla looked at him while he ran away. She didn't know what she did. And what about his knee, she thought. Didn't it hurt anymore?


The door of the Pokémon Centre slammed open. Gary ran to the reception.

"Chansey, where is Nurse Joy?"

"Chansey!" The Chansey replied and pointed in a direction. Gary thanked the little egg Pokémon and ran in the direction Chansey had given.

The doors of the I.C. slammed open.

"Gary, you are back." Mr. Cram said.

"Please, be quiet, this is the Intensive Care." Nurse Joy said.

Gary tried to catch his breath and talk, but he hadn't enough breath to talk. Nurse Joy gave him a chair so he could sit down. Finally, after 5 minutes, he had enough breath to talk.

"I know…which…poison it is." He said. Nurse Joy looked wondered. "It's… from… a… Goldeen!"

"That's impossible!" Nurse Joy said. "No Goldeen has enough venom to poison a human."

"I know for sure it is Goldeen-poison!" Gary yelled. Nurse Joy put her finger at her lip. Gary apologised and looked at his niece. "Please…" He whispered. "I know I'm right."

Nurse Joy sighed. "All right, I'll check it out." She walked away.



After half an hour she returned from the lab. She didn't look very happy. Gary wondered if he was wrong.

"You were right." She said. "I could give her a Pokémon antidote, but I don't know it will work. This doses is at least 20 times stronger than an ordinary doses."

"Than give her 20 times the antidote." Gary said, but Mr. Cram interrupted him.

"Maybe it will kill her." He said. "She is not a Pokémon. She is a human. We have to consult an expert first."


"Professor Midol here."

"Hi Professor Midol, Nurse Joy here. I have here an unusual situation."

"Tell me all about it." He asked. "What is wrong with this Pokémon?"

Nurse Joy looked seriously. "I know you are an expert when it comes to Pokémon, but our problem doesn't involve a Pokémon. A girl has been poisoned by a Goldeen."

Professor Midol was astounded. He thought no Goldeen was strong enough to hurt a human. He really wanted to meet this creature. But Nurse Joy told him she didn't know where this Pokémon was and Professor Midol became a bit sad. "But why are you calling?" He asked.

Nurse Joy explained everything. Unfortunately, Professor Midol didn't know the doses for a human either. He knew 10 times the Pokémon antidote could kill her, but she at least needed 13 times the doses. Nurse Joy looked back. She saw Gary sitting at his cousin's bed. How could she ever tell him this? All the people of Raindrop Island have been got very attached to her. Even Blade and his friends liked Chris.

"But…" Professor Midol said. "You can give her 13 times the doses, if you thin it with something else. That might work."

Nurse Joy ended the conversation and walked to Gary. She smiled at Gary.

"I'll be right back." She said.



Slowly it became lighter. It was a very bright light. And suddenly, like an eclipse, the artificial sun was blocked.

"Now this is the face I would love to see when I wake up." She said on a sarcastic tone.

Gary started to hug her. "You are all right!"

"Not for long, if you don't stop suffocating me!"

"I'm so sorry!" Gary said. "I didn't mean to…"

"Jeez, in what kind of movie did I landed? It's just like that horrible B movie: Returned from the death." She looked at Gary's face, which seemed to be disappointed and surprised at once. "All right, I'm sorry too. I promise you, when I can, I'll explain everything."

"When?"

"Not now." She said sad. "But what are we waiting for? We have a gym to find!"

To be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment