Monday 1 June 2009

Pokémon ABC - Episode 3

Episode 3: "Was it a super heroine…, or a dream?"


By 'Whisper Shadowhunter'/ Kitty Ocean
© Nintendo (their characters) and Kitty Ocean (my characters)

********************************************************************

"Hi Gramps!"

"Gary, how nice of you to call. I already thought it was you."

"What gave it away?"

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe it was the way you were greeting me. So, what is the update? Did you already found the Ocean Gym?" Professor Oak wondered.

"Ehm, not really, but I found something else." Gary grabbed Chris at her arm and pulled her to the telephone. Professor Oak couldn't believe his eyes.

"Oh my God…Christina, is it really you?"

Chris looked ashamed at the ground and tried to avoid the look in her grandfather's eyes while he was pushing his head into the phone, hoping to see her better. "Ehm, hi Grandpa."

"Where have you been? How are you?" Suddenly he stood up. "Don't move!" He ran away. They waited about 5 minutes, but then he finally returned with somebody else.

Chris was shocked. Though it had been 4 years, she recognised this face instantly. Her eyes became filled with tears and Gary stepped away from the phone. Chris sat down and took the phone from Gary with her shaking hand. "Hi mom, I've missed you…"

Gary walked away from the phone. He thought it was better to let Chris alone with her mother. He decided to take a small walk through the Pokémon Centre. He saw some trainers with their Pokémon. Though it's a small island, there are sure a lot of trainers here, he thought. Suddenly he heard an unusual sound.

"Are you hungry?" Nurse Joy asked.

"Yeah. Because of Team Rocket we almost forgot to eat."

"Why don't you get something to eat at the Poké Cafe?"

Gary shook his head. "We don't have time for that. Chrissy is calling with her mother and after that I'm going to ask my grandfather to transport some water Pokémon."

"Then I'll prepare a little snack for you. Usually the cook does that, but he is out for lunch and because it's not that crowed, I think I could prepare something."

Gary thanked Nurse Joy and went back to the telephone. He saw Chris was still catching up with her mother. Professor Oak was listing too. He wasn't disappointed as she thought, he was even very proud of her. He would really love to receive the information Chris had gathered.

"Please use Gary's Poké Dex to store the information!" He asked eagerly.

"He, I'm talking to my daughter. Information can be given later!"

"I'm sorry Vana."

Chris whipped a tear out of her eyes.

"I'm doing just great mom. The people here are very friendly. Mr. Cram for example. If I need anything, he always has it and sometimes even delivers when I ordered something. And he sometimes gives me discount, but than I give him some extra money. He is so nice and he always calls m his little Clefairy."

"I would love to meet that man. And I would love to touch you again. Are you coming home?"

She sighed. Her mother didn't know she had responsibilities.

"I see. Of course, your Pokémon need you more than I do. But if you can come sometime, than please come. You know there is always room for you." She kissed the screen.

"Mom, not in front of other people."

"I think it's lovely." Gary said teasing.

"And a kiss for you too Gary. You know that your aunt loves you. I'll tell your parent's you called. And don't forget to…"

"Jeez Aunt Vana, you just sound like my mother. Not here, you are embarrassing me!"

"I think it's lovely." Chris repeated him.

Gary looked with a devastating look at his smiling niece. "Are you ready?" he asked angry. Chris stood up and Gary sat down.

"Gramps, I need my Krabby."

"Why do you need him for?"

Gary explained everything. He also asked what other Pokémon he could transfer to him.
"You know you don't have much water Pokémon, don't you?"

Gary sighed and nodded.

"In that case I would recommend Blastoise and Seadra."

"You have a Blastoise? And a Seadra?" Chris asked astound.

"It was a Squirtle and a Horsea, but it evolved." Gary answered proud.

He placed two Poké Balls at the transporter and the balls began to vanish. He saw his grandfather taking the two Poké Balls and replacing them with others. Within a minute, he was holding Seadra and Blastoise.
"What about Krabby?"

Gary took another Poké Ball and placed it also in the transporter. The next moment he got Krabby and the other ball was vanished.

"You know you should train them before you can fight with them, don't you?" Professor Oak asked, but Gary had his own arrogant way to let him know he already knew it.

"It has been swell Gramps, smell ya later!"

"Bye Grandpa, bye mom. I'll call soon, I promise!" Chris said and the telephone zapped out.

At that moment Nurse Joy walked at them holding two plates of food. She was all black, just like the Chansey next to here. Chris and Gary looked with surprised eyes to this Nurse. Chris especially was astounded. This wasn't the Nurse Joy she remembered did she?

"Em, I had a little accident in the kitchen, but Chansey helped me. I guess I'm not the great cook I thought I was. But I hope you still like it."

"Chansey!" The egg Pokémon greeted.

She placed the plates at a table. Chris and Gary looked at the burned meat and the almost moving vegetables. Gary wondered if the vegetables were dead or alive and Chris couldn't even get her fork in the meat. They looked at each other with a familiar look and than burst out into laughter. Than Nurse Joy started to laugh too.


After the lunch Gary and Chris had at the Poké Cafe, they walked to the Poké Mart. Gary wondered what they would need there, but it seemed that Chris just went in to get some extra supplies.

"Hi Mr. Cram!"

"He Little Clefairy, already back?"

"I'm here to get some extra supplies. You never know when you need some things. Better too much than too less of anything."

"I agree, but I wondered if I could interest you for something. I wanted to show it to you yesterday, but I knew you were in a hurry."

Mr. Cram went to the back while Chris took some things from the shelves. After a minute, he came back with a big box. It seemed to be heavy, so Chris and Gary decided to help.

"Thank you, I'm not so young I used to be." He opened the box.

"Wow, that are evolution stones!" Gary said.

"I wanted you to have the first choice, little Clefairy."

"Thanks, great!" She looked at the price. "But they are too expensive. I can't afford it. Darn."

"You know I can give you…"

"No Mr. Cram. It's very nice of you, but if you keep giving me discount, you'll go bankrupt! I just have to save money for them. Could you keep some aside for me?"

"Of course." He took from every stone one and put them under the desk. "You know where to find them. But I want you to have this one!"

He gave Chris a little package. She opened it curiously.

"Mr. Cram, this is a moon stone!"

"I don't know when your birthday is, but I what you to have it. When I was a young boy I went to Mount Moon and I got this one. I'm old and I don't want my family to have such a treasure."

Chris looked at Mr. Cram and than gave him a big kiss. After that, she paid for the supplies and refused the discount. Gary took the supplies and walked with Chris to the beach. He saw his fans having a lot of fun. Some of them were windsurfing, others were swimming.

"What should we do now?"

"We'll wait for the tide. It will come in about 30 minutes. Than we can walk home."

Gary watched at the girls again.

"Do you miss them?"

"No! Of course not!" Gary said. "Why should I?"

Chris said nothing and just smiled. Together they looked at the sea that slowly made a path to Tear Island. Chris stood up and took the things she had bought. Though Gary didn't liked the idea of walking while the sea could close on them, he followed his companion, who didn't seem to be scared at all. She had been got used to it, so she didn't care. After a few minutes they reached Chris' home. The minute she sat foot on land, a lot of Pokémon started to greet her. She tried to greet them all, but Gary saw some Pokémon who felt left out.

"You forgot some Pokémon…" He said.

"I know, I can't greet them all you know?" She replied annoyed. "Did you ever tried to greet a 100 Pokémon at once? They know I love them." She hugged the last Pokémon who greeted her. She sighed like she didn't want to ask this question, but it seemed she had to ask it. "So…" She began. "How are you planning to train your Pokémon?"

"That's my little secret." He said proud and vain at once. "I'll train them step by step, bit by bit."

Chris lifted the small Psyduck and gave it a big kiss.

"Psy-aiai!" He replied.

She knew he had a headache again, so she put it down. After that, she decided to take all her stuff home. Gary followed, holding his 3 water Poké Balls in his hand. He wanted to let them out, but he wanted to ask Chris for permission first. Suddenly, Chris stopped. Gary wondered why. She said Gary had to be quiet and she tried to listen. Gary did the same, but he only heard the bushes move. He wasn't surprised; it had to be a Pokémon who wanted to greet her. It appeared, and Gary didn't know how hard he had to scream!

"Jeez, what's wrong with you? There is no need to make me deaf!"

"It's…it is…it's…" He tried.

"So adorable cute, I know."

"No, it's a Jigglypuff! Run, cover your ears, don't let it sing!"

Chris kneeled at the balloon Pokémon.

"Jiggly!"

"Ah, he is so cute! I wonder where it came from."

"Don't you know what a Jigglypuff does? It sings! We'll fall asleep and then he will paint our faces with his marker!"

Chris looked at the little Pokémon. It seemed very innocent. She didn't see a marker.

"I don't see a marker. But what is the big deal? I never met a Jigglypuff."

"Right, let's keep it that way!" Gary took his niece by the arm and wanted to pull her away, but he heard suddenly:

"Jig-gely-pu-u-u-uf. Jig-geley-puff, Jig-geley-puff…"

"It sounds so beautiful." Chris said, feeling to get tired. She began to sit down on the ground. "I think I'll lay down for a minute."

Gary became also very tired. He tried to stay awake, but his eyes wanted to close. He sat next to Chris. "What the hack." He said while he yawned. "It's to late anyway. I'll join you…"

Chris lay down and Gary joined her. He had warned her, but she wouldn't listen. But it didn't matter anyway, he thought, its just a little Jigglypuff. What is the worst that could happen?

"Puuuuff!"

Jigglypuff screwed the top of his little microphone revealing a marker. Angry he stepped at the 2 sleeping children.

"Now, now, little Jigglypuff. They didn't appreciate your music. But we did. So we'll take it from here now."

"Yeah, if they snooze, they'll lose!" He said.

"To protect mankind from devastation."
"To unite everybody within our nation."
"To denounce the evil of friendship and love."

"To extend our reach to the moon above..."

"Shana!"
"And Shane!"
"Team Rocket! Blast off with the brightness of light!"

"We are the best, that's right!"

They stood if they expected to get some applause, but the children slept trough their whole yell. It was a bit of a disappointment, seeing these two kids just laying there, not doing anything.

"Jiggly!"

"Just leave, you little pink fluffy thing!" Shane said.

Shana looked at Gary and Chris and than walked to Shane.

"Shane, I don't like this, it is too easy."

Shane nodded.

"But we are Team Rocket, we were meant to win. And we have won."

"Not quite yet!"

They looked. Before them stood a little girl. She seemed to appear out of nowhere and wasn't planning to leave. She stood before Gary and Chris if she was defending them.

"Not while I'm around!"

Shana looked at the little girl. She had blue-green hair and purple eyes. She seemed only 10 years old. Shana giggled. Shane looked at his partner and than he looked at the girl, standing there if she was a Pokémon ready to fight. Shane burst out in to laughter.

"You are a little girl and you want to defeat us? I don't see you wearing Pokémon, so I wonder how you planned to do it. Who are you?"

"She called me Aemilia."

"Who called you Aemilia?"

"My trainer. And if you are smart, you'll leave!" She leaped into the air. Shana and Shane couldn't see anything because of the blinding sun. And suddenly, the girl was gone, but a large Pidgeot attacked!

"Pidgeooot!"

Shana tossed her Poké Ball before her and Geodude came out. Shane did the same, revealing his strong Raticate.

"Geodude, knock that flying feather pile out of the sky!"

The Rock Pokémon charged at the Pidgeot, who avoided the tackle. Not it was the Pidgeot's turn. He flew around the Geodude and used its sand attack. It seemed that this Pokémon didn't needed any command. But the attack of the flying Pokémon didn't affected Geodude's hard rock body.

The Geodude tried to attack again, but the Pidgeot was very fast. It used a lot of agility. But Shana didn't care. The Pokémon would become tired soon, she thought.

"Geodude, use your tackle again!"

This time, the poor Pidgeot couldn't escape. While it landed hard at the ground, it looked shortly to Chris and Gary. It stood up, and lifted off again.

"Raticate, use your super fang!"

"Raticate!"

"Pidgeot!" they Pidgeot seemed very angry now. It avoided the Raticate and used its quick attack at Geodude and Raticate at once!

Shana was very surprised, but Shane reacted fast. "We've got to catch this Pokémon!" but the Pidgeot didn't agree. It began flapping its wings until a hard wind began to blow at the Pokémon thieves. But the Pidgeot didn't stop, but he flapped harder and harder, until a whirlwind started to develop itself.

"Hold on!" Shane shouted, but his Raticate hit him with so much power, he loosed his grip. And after the Geodude had knocked out Shana, the Pidgeot flapped his wings one more time….

"We'll be back!" Shane yelled.


She walked back to Chris and Gary. Aemilia looked if they were okay. She touched Gary. His eyes opened a bit. He could see her! She stood up instantly and ran away. He wasn't allowed to see her! Not yet!

"Chris, you're al right?"

"Go away. Come back when you reached age 20. Or when you found Bratt DiCaprio…."

Gary didn't care about his niece insult and stood up. He looked around him. He saw fresh footsteps. They headed to the beach, but suddenly disappeared.

"Something wrong?" Chris asked yawning.

"Eh, yeah. Who was she?"

"Who?"

"That girl I saw."

"Which girl?"

He pointed at the footsteps. "I saw her when I woke up." Chris stepped by to look closer.

"Those are ours. You must have been dreaming. We are alone here."

Gary wondered. He really thought he saw a little girl. She looked about his age. He remembered her very well. But he didn't knew if it was a dream, or reality.

"I wonder where that little cute Jigglypuff went to. I liked him." Chris said. She took her purchase from the ground and started to walk home.


"I have to do something at the fire section. Just wait here. Why don't you let Krabby, Blastoise and Seadra out, to stretch there limps." As always, she had found the most elegant way to tell him what to do.

None the less, Gary did what she proposed. He let them out to swim in the lake. They looked very happy and even started to play with the other water Pokémon. A Staryu blasted water at the Blastoise and a Horsea played with his Seadra. Krabby found another Krabby and they were having fun too. Al right, they are fine, he thought. He walked inside again. He looked from Chris' room if she returned yet, but she didn't. He turned around and stared at the wall. My God, he thought, she lied!

"Chrissy! Chrissy!"

"What? What is going on? Did Goldeen used her poison again?" Chris hurried to Gary, but she saw him standing angry and insulted. "What's wrong?"

"You lied!" He said, holding a little painting. "You said you never seen that girl I was talking about, but you have a picture of her! Who is she?" He shouted.

Chris looked at the painting. It was the one with the little girl with blue-green hair and purple eyes….

To be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment